- 4 cup - Rice Chex™ cereals
- 4 cup - Wheat Chex™ cereals
- 2 cup - Cheerios cereal, preferably nature, honey nut or wheat
- 2 cup - Bite-sizes pretzels
- 1 ½ cup - Peanuts (can be substituted with walnuts)
- ¾ cup - (1½ sticks) Salted butter
- ¼ cup - El Yucateco XXXtra Hot Sauce
- 1 tsp - Smoked paprika
- ½ tsp - Garlic powder
- ½ tsp - Onion powder
- ½ tsp - Fine sea salt
- ¼ tsp - Ground black pepper
Tools & Supplies
- Parchment paper
- Preheat your grill for indirect heat at 275°F. This recipe can also be made in the oven.
- In a large bowl, combine Rice Chex, Wheat Chex, Cheerios, pretzels and peanuts.
- Melt butter in the microwave, then stir in El Yucateco XXXtra hot sauce, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt and ground black pepper.
- Pour the spiced butter mixture over the cereal blend and toss gently with your hands to coat evenly.
- Arrange two baking dishes lined with parchment paper. Spread the buttered Chex mixture over the dishes in even layers. Place the dishes in your grill over indirect heat or in the oven and cook for 45 min to 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes.
- Transfer to paper towels to cool. Store in a resealable plastic bag or airtight container.