- 2 Boneless skinless chicken breast, trimmed into 4 thick pieces
- 2 cup - Self-rising flour
- 1 tsp - Onion powder
- 1 tsp - Garlic powder
- 1 tsp - Paprika
- 1 tsp - Salt
- 1 cup - Buttermilk
- 2 tbsp - El Yucateco XXXtra Hot Sauce
- 4 Brioche burger buns
- ½ cup - Mayonnaise
- El Yucateco XXXtra Hot Sauce
- Pickles slices
- Preheat frying oil to 350°F.
- Using a meat tenderizer, flatten each chicken piece very lightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together buttermilk and XXXtra hot sauce.
- Dip the chicken pieces into the buttermilk mixture then toss in the seasoned flour to coat. Repeat the process two more times to get a thick layer of breading around each piece of chicken.
- Fry chicken, turning frequently, until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 165°F on an instant read thermometer, about 8 to 10 minutes. Reserve on a baking sheet lined with a wire rack.
- Assemble fried chicken sandwiches in lightly toasted burger buns with mayonnaise, a few slices of pickles, a piece of fried chicken and a few dashes of XXXtra hot sauce.