- 6 Large eggs
- ¾ lb - Mild Italian sausage, casings removed
- ½ cup - All-purpose flour
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp - El Yucateco Red Habanero Hot Sauce
- 1 cup - Breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp - Barbecue seasoning
- Oil for frying
- In a saucepan, cover eggs with water. Bring to a boil and cook eggs for 5 minutes. Drain and transfer eggs to a bowl filled with ice water. Let cool for 5 minutes before peeling.
- Heat oil for deep-frying at 350°F.
- Divide sausage meat into 6 small patties. Working on plastic wrap, flatten each patty to ¼ inch thick. Place a peeled egg on each patty and carefully wrap with the sausage.
- Set up 3 small bowls next to each other. Place flour in the first one. Whisk the egg and Red Habanero sauce in the second. Combine breadcrumbs and barbecue seasoning in the third.
- Dip Scotch eggs into flour one at a time, shaking to remove excess flour, then dip into egg mixture, then roll into breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry the eggs for 3 to 4 minutes, rotating frequently, until golden brown. Remove from oil and place on a baking sheet lined with paper towels.
- Cut eggs in half before serving and drizzle with more Red Habanero sauce to taste.