- 10 Hot dog sausages
- 10 Wooden sticks (popsicle or chopsticks)
- ½ cup - Sour cream
- El Yucateco Green Habanero Sauce
Corn Dog Batter
- 1 cup - All-purpose flour
- ¾ cup - Cornmeal
- ¼ cup - Sugar
- 1 ½ tsp - Baking powder
- 1 tsp - Salt
- ½ tsp - Baking soda
- 1 tbsp - El Yucateco Green Habanero Sauce
- 1 Green onion, chopped
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup - Buttermilk
- 2 tbsp - Butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 ½ cup - Cheddar tortilla chips, crushed into fine crumbs
- 1 ½ cup - Grated mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Stir in green onions, eggs, buttermilk, melted butter and Green Habanero Sauce and mix until batter is smooth. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- In a large plate, combine crushed tortilla chips and grated mozzarella cheese.
- Preheat deep fryer oil to 350 F.
- Insert wooden sticks into hot dogs. Dip each hot dog into batter, rotating to coat evenly, then quickly transfer to the tortilla chip mixture and then to hot oil. Fry for about 4 minutes or until golden brown, rotating halfway through cooking. Remove from oil and let rest on a baking sheet lined with paper towels for 5 minutes.
- Drizzle with sour cream and Green Habanero Sauce and serve.