- Whole chicken, 3 to 5 lbs
- ½ cup - (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp - Kosher or coarse sea salt
- 2 tbsp - Ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp - Granulated garlic
- 2 tsp - Hot paprika
- ¼ tsp - Ground sage
- ¼ tsp - Ground rosemary
- ¼ tsp - Ground thyme
- ¼ tsp - Ground marjoram
- Set your Memphis Grill to 250°F in indirect flame with the indirect insert. We recommend using a blend of hickory and cherry wood pellets.
- Truss chicken legs with butcher twine and tuck the wing tips under the drumettes.
- Mix all Poultry Seasoning ingredients in a bowl. Season chicken on all sides with the poultry seasoning.
- Place chicken on the grill and insert a meat probe in the deepest section of the breast. Set probe alarm to 165°F.
- About two-thirds through cooking, increase grill temperature to 325°F. Melt ½ cup butter in a skillet and brush the chicken with melted butter every 10 to 15 minutes.
- Once chicken has reached its target internal temperature, remove from the grill and let rest at room temperature for 10 minutes before carving into desired servings.