- 2 Racks pork spare ribs, St.Louis cut
- Barbecue rub, store-bought or homemade
- 3 quart - Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 cup - Louisiana-style aged cayenne hot sauce
- ½ cup - (1 stick) unsalted butter
- Set your Memphis Grill to 225°F in indirect flame mode with the indirect insert. We recommend using hickory or pecan wood pellets.
- Cut the racks into individual ribs. Season with barbecue rub.
- Place ribs on the grill and close the lid. Cook until the meat has shrunk by about ½ to ¾ an inch from the bones, this should take 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove ribs from heat and let rest at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Heat 1 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce in a skillet then add the butter. Whisk until the butter is completely melted and incorporated into the sauce. Set aside.
- Preheat frying oil to 375°F.
- Fry ribs 6 at a time for 2 minutes then transfer to a baking dish lined with paper towels. Repeat for the remaining ribs.
- Transfer fried ribs to a large stainless steel bowl. Pour buffalo sauce over the ribs and toss to coat evenly. Serve immediately.