- 2 Salmon darnes, 2 inches thick
- 1 tbsp - Coarse sea salt
- ½ tbsp - Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ½ cup - Fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup - Olive oil
- 2 tbsp - Pine nuts
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat your grill for indirect;
- Mix all the ingredients for the pesto in a blender;
- Season the salmon darnes with coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, then cover both sides with the pesto mixture;
- Sear over hot coals for about 3-4 minutes per sides, then move to indirect for another 5 – 6 minutes.
Serve with grilled asparagus and tomatoes.