- 2 Salmon darnes, about 1 ½ inch thick
- 1 tbsp - Coarse sea salt
- ½ tbsp - Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ½ cup - Fresh basil leaves
- 3 tbsp - Olive oil
- 2 ½ tbsp - Pine nuts
- 2 Garlic cloves
- Preheat your grill for indirect;
- Mix all the ingredients for the pesto in a blender;
- Season the salmon darnes with coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, then cover both sides with the pesto mixture;
- Sear over hot coals for about 3-4 minutes per sides, then move to indirect for another 5 – 6 minutes.
Serve with grilled asparagus and tomatoes.