- BBQ Type: Grill
- Fuel: Charcoal
- Cooking Time: 25 min
- Makes 4 portions
- 20 Chicken wings
- ¼ cup - Olive oil
- 10 oz - Shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup - Cooked crumbled bacon
- ¼ cup - Pickled hot peppers
- ¼ cup - Chopped green onions
- 2 tbsp - BBQ sauce
- 1 tbsp - Cayenne hot sauce
- 2 tsp - Lime juice
- Wood chips (preferably hickory) soaked in water for one hour.
- 3 tbsp - Paprika
- 3 tbsp - Brown sugar
- 1 tbsp - Salt
- 1 tbsp - Ground black pepper
- Preheat your grill for indirect;
- Mix the chicken wings and the olive oil in a mixing bowl, then add the paprika, brown sugar, black pepper and salt;
- Sear the wings on both sides over hot coals for about 2 min per side;
- Transfer to indirect having the chicken wings close to each others. Add hickory wood chips on the coals and cook with the lid close for 20 to 25 minutes at 450°F/230°C;
- Add the shredded cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon, pickled hot peppers, BBQ sauce, cayenne hot sauce and lime juice over the chicken wings, then cook for 5 more minutes or until the cheese have melted.
Serve with ranch or blue cheese dipping sauce.