- 1 9-inch Pie crust, store-bought or homemade, baked and cooled completely
- ½ cup - Milk
- ½ cup - Heavy cream
- 4 Egg yolks
- 12 oz - Milk chocolate, chopped
- 10 tbsp - Unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp - El Yucateco Black Label Reserve Hot Sauce
- ½ tsp - Salt
- ½ tsp - Ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp - Ground nutmeg
- In a saucepan, whisk together milk, heavy cream and egg yolks. Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly with a rubber spatula until mixture registers 170°F and thickens slightly. Remove from heat and immediately add milk chocolate, stirring until fully melted.
- Stir in melted butter, Black Label Reserve, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Transfer chocolate mixture to pie crust and refrigerate until filling is set and cold, minimum 3 hours, up to 24 hours.
- Cut the pie into slices and serve with whipped cream and sprinkle with ground nutmeg, if desired.