- 2 lb - Whole chicken wings
- 2 tbsp - El Yucateco Caribbean Hot Sauce
- 2 tbsp - Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp - Kosher salt or coarse sea salt
- ½ tsp - Ground black pepper
Mango Habanero Barbecue Sauce
- 1 cup - Mango, cubed (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup - Mango juice
- ¾ cup - Light brown sugar
- ¼ cup - Apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp - El Yucateco Caribbean Hot Sauce
- 1 tbsp - Fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp - Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp - Ketchup
- 1 tbsp - Yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp - Lime juice
- 1 tbsp - Cornstarch
- 1 tsp - Onion powder
- ½ tsp - Paprika
- Preheat your smoker or charcoal grill for indirect heat at 300°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the Caribbean hot sauce, olive oil, salt and pepper. Add the chicken wings and toss to coat evenly.
- Place the wings on the grill over indirect heat and cook until the internal temperature of the meat reaches between 170°F and 175°F, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan off the heat, combine all the ingredients for the Mango Habanero Sauce. Bring to a boil then reduce to medium heat and let simmer for 2 minutes.
- Using a hand blender, blend the sauce until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the wings to a large bowl, add half the sauce and toss to coat. Serve with extra Mango Habanero Barbecue Sauce on the side.