Try making those jalapeño beef jerky at home and we guarantee you'll never go back to the store-bought ones
- 4 lb - Eye of round
- ½ cup - Honey
- ½ cup - Soy sauce
- 3 tbsp - El Yucateco Jalapeño Hot Sauce
- 2 tbsp - Lime juice
- 2 tbsp - Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp - Onion powder
- 1 tbsp - Garlic powder
- 1 tbsp - Black pepper
- Wood chunks for smoking, preferably apple and/or alder
- Preheat your smoker to 225°F;
- Place the eye of round roast into your freezer for 30 minutes to 1 hours. This is optional but it will facilitate slicing.
- In bowl, wish all ingredients except the beef.
- Slice the roast across the grain into 1/4 inch thick slices then place the beef slices into the marinade. Marinate for 6 hours up to overnight.
- Remove the marinated beef slices from the marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Place the jerky into your smoker and toss a few wood chunks onto hot coals for smoking. Cook at 225°F for 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove the jalapeño beef jerky from your smoker and serve directly. Optional: sprinkle freshly shredded jalapeños on top of the jerky for an extra kick.