- 1 lb - Frozen medium-sized shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¾ cup - Buttermilk
- 2 tbsp - El Yucateco Red Habanero Hot Sauce
- ½ cup - Fine yellow cornmeal
- ½ cup - Self-rising flour
- 2 cup - Red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 Scallions, sliced
- ½ cup - Feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup - El Yucateco Red Habanero Hot Sauce
- 12 Small corn tortillas, toasted or grilled
- Preheat fryer oil to 375°F.
- In a bowl, combine the buttermilk and Red Habanero hot sauce, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In another bowl, combine the cornmeal and flour.
- Soak the shrimp in the buttermilk mixture, then transfer to the cornmeal mixture and toss to coat.
- Working in batches, fry the shrimp in hot oil for about 3 minutes or until golden brown. Reserve on a paper towel lined baking sheet. Season with salt.
- Heat tortillas in a skillet over medium-high heat for about 15 seconds per side.
- Top tortillas with red cabbage, crispy fried shrimp, scallions, feta cheese and drizzle generously with Red Habanero hot sauce and serve.