- 6 lb - Chicken wings
- 2 tbsp - Vegetable oil
- 2 tsp - Sea salt
- 2 tsp - Ground black pepper
- 1 tsp - Smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp - Celery seed powder
- ⅓ cup - El Yucateco XXXTRA Hot Sauce
Wood chunks for smoking, preferably oak, hickory or pecan
- Preheat your smoker to 325°F.
- Wash the chicken wings under cold running water then pat dry with paper towels.
- Transfer wings to a bowl and mix with vegetable oil. Combine sea salt, ground black pepper, smoked paprika and celery seed powder into a small bowl. Pour the spice blend on the chicken wings and toss to coat evenly.
- Place wings in the smoker and toss a few wood chunks onto hot coals for smoking. Cook until the internal temperature of the meat reaches between 170°F and 175°F on an instant read thermometer, about 45 minutes. Brush with El Yucateco XXXTRA Hot Sauce during the last 15 minutes of cooking.
- Remove wings from smoker and serve.