Skirt steak burritos with homemade steak marinade using El Yucateco Green Habanero Hot Sauce and other flavorful ingredients.
- 2 Skirt steaks, 1.5 to 2 lbs each
- 1 ½ cup - Black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 ½ cup - Pico De Gallo, homemade or store bought
- ¾ cup - Cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¾ cup - Pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 6 Large flour tortillas
- El Yucateco Green Habanero Hot Sauce
Habanero Steak Marinade
- ¼ cup - White vinegar
- ¼ cup - Olive oil
- ¼ cup - Lime juice
- 2 tbsp - El Yucateco Green Habanero Hot Sauce
- 2 tbsp - Honey
- 2 Garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tsp - Salt
- 1 tsp - Black pepper
- Combine all Habanero Steak Marinade ingredients into a bowl. Place the skirt steaks in a large reclosable plastic bag and pour the marinade into the bag. Refrigerate and let marinate for 4 hours;
- Preheat your grill to 500°F;
- Place the marinated flank steaks on your hot grill grate and cook to desired doneness, between 3 to 6 minutes per side.
- Remove steaks from the grill and let rest at room temperature for 10 minutes. Place a cast iron skillet or griddle in your grill to preheat.
- Cut the steaks across the grain into ¼ inch thick slices.
- Assemble the burritos into flour tortillas with grilled steak, black beans, pico de gallo, cheddar and pepper jack cheese and a few dashes of El Yucateco Green Habanero Hot Sauce.
- Place the burritos on the hot cast iron skillet or griddle and toast for 15 seconds per side. Remove from the grill and serve.