- 1 Onion, sliced
- ½ lb - Lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp - Barbecue rub
- 2 tbsp - Vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp - El Yucateco Red Habanero Hot Sauce
- 1 lb - Pizza dough, store-bought or homemade
- ½ cup - Sliced pepperoni
- ½ cup - Sliced pickles
- ½ cup - Tomato sauce
- 1 cup - Shredded orange cheddar
- 1 cup - Shredded mozzarella
- 1 tbsp - Sesame seeds
- Preheat your grill or oven to 350°F; if using a grill, set it up for indirect cooking.
- Cook the onions and ground beef in a skillet over medium-high heat with vegetable oil. Stir in the Red Habanero Sauce and season with barbecue rub while cooking. Set aside.
- Flatten pizza dough on a floured surface to form a rectangle shape of about ¼ inch thick.
- Spread toppings (cooked beef, pepperoni, pickles, tomato sauce and cheeses) on the dough, creating a stripped pattern. Roll the dough into a cylinder shaped loaf, making sure the seam is underneath.
- Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Lightly brush the surface of the bread with water and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Place the baking sheet on the grill or in the oven and bake for about 40 minutes, until golden brown. Cut the bread into thick slices and top with a few extra dashes of Red Habanero sauce.