- 1 Whole chicken, 2 to 3.5 lb, cut in halves
- 2 cup - Apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup - Vegetable oil
- 1 Egg
- 3 tbsp - Kosher salt
- 1 tbsp - Poultry seasoning
- ½ tsp - Ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients except for the chicken into a blender and mix until emulsified.
- Preheat your grill for direct heat at 400°F.
- Place chicken into a reclosable plastic bag and pour half of the marinade into the bag. Seal and store in the refrigerator for 4 hours, up to overnight. Keep the remaining marinade in a separate container in the refrigerator.
- Remove chicken from the marinade and pat dry with paper towels.
- Grill the chicken over direct heat with the lid closed. Cook until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F on an instant read thermometer, flipping every 8 to 10 minutes to grill evenly. Brush the chicken with the remaining marinade for the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Remove chicken from the grill and let rest at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving.