- 2 New York strip steaks, 1 ¼ inch thick
- 4 oz - Kentucky straight bourbon whiskey
- 1 tbsp - Coarse sea salt
- 1 tbsp - Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup - Cherry and oak wood chips
- Preheat your grill for direct grilling at high temperature;
- With a marinade injector, inject about 2 oz of bourbon into each steak at different places;
- Toss the wood chips on the hot coals and place the steaks on the grill over direct heat. 2 to 3 minutes per side for a rare to medium rare steak and 4 to 6 minutes for medium to medium well;
- Season the steaks with coarse sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
Suggestion: Serve with an “au jus” sauce made from beef broth, melted butter and seasonings.