- 6 Chicken leg quarters
- 2 tbsp - Smoked Paprika
- 2 tbsp - Light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp - Black pepper
- 2 tsp - Garlic powder
- 1 tsp - Onion powder
- El Yucateco Black Label Reserve Hot Sauce
- 2 cup - Water
- ½ cup - Kosher salt
- ½ cup - Light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp - El Yucateco Black Label Reserve Hot Sauce
- 2 tbsp - Black peppercorns
- 4 Bay leaves, fresh or dried
- 1 White onion, quartered
- 2 ½ quart - Ice water
- In a large pot, heat 2 cup water with ½ cup kosher salt and ½ cup light brown sugar. Whisk until the sugar and salt have dissolved. Stir in the Black Label Reserve Hot Sauce then add the black peppercorns, bay leaves, white onions and ice water. Place the chicken leg quarters into the brine and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours.
- Preheat your grill for indirect heat at 400°F.
- Remove chicken from the brine and pat dry with paper towels.
- Combine smoked paprika, light brown sugar, black pepper, garlic powder and onion powder into a bowl. Season the chicken on both sides with the spice blend.
- Place the chicken on the grill over indirect heat and toss a few wood chunks onto hot coals for smoking. Close the lid and cook until the internal temperature of the meat reaches between 170 and 175°F, about 45 min to 1 hour. For an extra kick of flavor and heat, brush chicken with Black Label Reserve Hot Sauce during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Remove chicken from the grill and let rest at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving.